perfect for on-the-go
This compact coffee maker features the same design technology as the Original Moka Express and is ideal for use at home or to take on your next outdoor adventure.
The Mini Express stovetop espresso maker produces rich, authentic Italian coffee in just minutes. The aluminium pot serves coffee directly into two cups which are warmed as they sit on the platform as the coffee brews.
|Material||Food Grade Aluminium Alloy|
max boiler capacity
before first use
- Remove all labels and packaging.
- Hand wash all parts with warm water.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
- Make 2-3 pots of coffee to season the pot. Follow to use instructions below for each cycle.
- Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
- Insert the funnel and fill it with ground espresso (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel
- Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using the handle for leverage.
- Select burner size to fit bottom of pot. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than bottom of pot. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot.
- Place an espresso size cup under each spout before heat source is turned on.
- Heat on the stovetop until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the spouts.
- Turn off heat source as soon as coffee begins coming out of the spouts.
- Coffee will be evenly distributed into cups below spouts. Do not remove cups until coffee as stopped pouring from the spouts.
- Wash by hand with warm water.
- Dry thoroughly with towel.
- Do not reassemble the product until all parts are completely dry to avoid oxidation.
- Do not use soap or detergent.
- Do not use in dishwasher.
- Do not use steel wool or other abrasive products.
- Use coffee ground specifically for a moka coffee maker. Don't use too fine ground coffee.
- Periodically check the funnel, the filter plate and the washer for wear. Over time, they may need to be replaced.
- Never use the pot without water.
- Never use other contents besides coffee like teas, cacao powder or instant coffee as it will clog the filter plate.
- If the heat is too high, coffee may have a burnt taste. Getting the optimum temperature for brewing may take some trial and error.
- Store coffee grounds in airtight container, away from sunlight.
- Use filtered water for best coffee flavor.