For authentic Italian pizzas & breads
- Bialetti offers all the essentials to make authentic Italian pizza at home
- Ceramic material is designed to cook evenly and absorbs moisture to bake crispy crusts
- Keeps pizza & breads warm until you serve it. Available in multiple sizes and set options.
Bialetti bake stones are the ideal surface for cooking perfect pizzas, breads, biscuits, cookies or rolls. Made of ceramic, the stone absorbs excess moisture and distributes heat evenly while it bakes your crust light and crispy. You’ll also find it useful for heating and reheating ready-made or frozen pizzas, too. Because your baking stone retains its heat, bring it from your oven directly to the table and keep your foods warm while serving.
Before first use
Clean baking stone before using. Rinse in warm water only; DO NOT USE SOAPY WATER as the stone will absorb the smell and taste of the detergent. Let dry thoroughly and season cornmeal for the first several uses.
Use and Care
- Intended for oven use only!
- Never place on a hot range top; uneven heating may cause stone to crack.
- Do not place in microwave.
Allow the stone to cool before cleaning. To remove baked on foods, scrape with a spatula and rinse in warm water. Do not soak or clean in dishwasher, or wash with detergent or soapy water. The stone may absorb the taste and smell of the detergent. Let the stone air dry completely before your next use.
Natural Seasoning Process
Your baking stone will darken and retain some staining with continued use over time. This is normal and part of the stone’s natural seasoning process; it will not affect its cooking performance nor will it affect the taste of the food.
- Lightly sprinkle the stone with cornmeal prior to heating. Flour is not recommended as this can cause a burnt crust. Preheat stone in oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 450°F. DO NOT PLACE CARRYING RACK INTO OVEN.
- Prepare uncooked pizza on flat surface such as a pizza peel or dough board while stone is preheating in oven.
- Using pizza peel, slide uncooked pizza onto stone inside the oven.
- Cook until crust is crisp and fully cooked. Follow your recipe carefully to ensure proper baking.
- Use oven mitts to remove the stone from the oven and place on carrying rack. Use carrying rack for easy handling and to place stone on table for serving. Be cautious when handling hot stone and rack. Oven mitts are recommended for safety.
- Slice and serve. A pizza cutter can be used directly on the stone to slice your pizza.
Pizza Dough Tip: Place dough on a lightly floured surface and pat into disk. Use a rolling pin or your hands to roll or stretch the dough into a circle that is 1/4 inch thick and 12-13 inches in diameter. Transfer to a cornmeal dusted pizza peel. Build up the edges slightly and lightly brush with olive oil.
This product is guaranteed to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, excluding damage caused by misuse. If this product fails to conform to this warranty, please return product, accompanied by proof of purchase, to the address below and a replacement will be furnished free of charge. If this particular style is no longer available, an equivalent item will be substituted. This warranty does not effect your statutory rights. Warranty claims must be accompanied by proof of purchase and addressed to: Bradshaw International, Inc., Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730